Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami



This is the port that we live near. The red roofed building that you see and the buildings immediately surrounding it make up the Coast Guard station where Brett works. He's there right now, and he's been out on the boats today helping out with all the aftermath of the tsunami. You can see the damage done to our ports. Thankfully, it seems that damage was less than what was expected, and I don't think anyone was majorly hurt. Brett will be there until Monday morning helping out. We are all safe, thank goodness. Thanks to Brett and all the other Coasties for saving people and boats!

3 comments:

Blair said...

So scary! I'm so glad your family is OK.

Kim said...

Ah! That really is scary. We're also very glad you're ok. Go Brett! :)

John and Rachel Erickson said...

Wow. I was worried about you guys. Thanks Brett for serving!