Saturday, February 12, 2011

Small Joys

Sometimes I wonder how it is that kids find wonder in such small things.  I like some simple things - like sitting on my couch reading while a breeze blows on me from the open window, or drinking a cherry limeade, or seeing duck bums in the air.  Every once in a while I will think that I'm seeing through the eyes of a child.  I do that a lot when I go to the aquarium.  Some of those creatures are amazing, and I am always in awe of how beautiful the little jellyfish can be.  Sometimes I giggle like a little girl at things that I think are cute, which I will admit that I did when we watched The Land Before Time as a family a few days ago.  There are still some things that baffle me though.  And although I don't always understand, I'm glad that I get to be part of that wonder and joy for my daughter.


6 comments:

Jana said...

such stylish hair! we used to do this to my dad :)

Blair said...

I think I owned two of those bows. Must be from a girl who has lots of style! :D

John and Rachel Erickson said...

Loverly! Kennedy is too dang cute!

Lisa Pitt said...

Haha, tell Kennedy it's beautiful!!

Steph said...

Oh so cute! I can't wait to have a little girl I hope she wants to do that me to! :)

Kim said...

Haha... so cute :)