Monday, March 21, 2011

Hack Job

Before


Middle


After


We have, in the past few months, discovered that neither I nor Brett have any inherent hair cutting skills.  I didn't have any illusions of this beforehand, but Brett assured me it wouldn't be that hard and went out and bought hair clippers.  Twice now (once my fault, once Brett's) Brett has had to shave his head entirely because the cut looked so bad.  Now, poor Noah is the victim.  Up until now, Brett's actually been very good with Noah's hair.  But this time was not the same.  It looked so terrible after only a few strokes that we really had no choice but to shave his head and let it grow back in.  But Brett, as you saw in this post from a few years ago, likes to play around while he's cutting/shaving hair.  Thus, the mohawk incident in the second picture.  The worst part is that Noah's birthday is on Wednesday, so all of his pictures will be bald.  Sad.

4 comments:

Steph said...

OH no!! I'm sorry. It realy isn't bad if it makes you feel any better. I am a hairstylist and I few times I've shaven my kids head just cause it's quicker and I always seem to regret it. One time I did it right before family pictures yep smart choice by me :) Good thing is that hair grows back right..just takes a little longer for baby hair. Plus when you have kids with cute faces like you do the hair realy doesn't matter~

Lisa Pitt said...

Oh no! At least he's not a bad looking baldie :)

Katie Jean said...

i cant believe how big he is! both of them are! and dont you worry that little guy is still so adorable even bald :) hope all is well

Noelle said...

At least Brett looks ok with a shaved head. When I first started cutting Phil's hair we really didn't have that option and he just had to live with it. :)